Caves du Château d’Auvernier
). Built in 1559, the castle and 7ha of vineyards came under the family’s ownership in 1603, when it was bought by Pierre II Chambrier. And so, for more than 4 centuries, the Château d'Auvernier, in perfect osmosis with its cellar, has been striving to uphold the reputation of Neuchâtel wines.
Since 1823, it has been the female line who have continued the Chambrier bloodline through their marriages: Sandoz-Rollin, Pourtalès, Montmollin ... Grosjean. The history of the Neuchâtel region, which has suffered no conflict on its soil since 1296, the recurrent economic difficulties of the wine market over the centuries, but above all a great deal of generosity and self-sacrifice, and sometimes sacrifice, have enabled this continuity.
Today, Henry, who represents the 15th generation of the family, is preparing to take over the reins of the estate from his father, Thierry Grosjean.
- Lieu de dégustation
- Lieux de vente
- Visite et prestation touristique
How to get there
Place des Epancheurs 6 – 2012 Milvignes
Dégustation de 3 ou 5 vins